19 July 2012

Silver Screen Sci-Fi Synchronicities!

By Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers


Discerning blogger Mike Clelland has drawn my attention to a fascinating ‘flow-of-consciousness’ article he wrote last year for his very excellent Hidden Experience blog. If you’ve not yet read it, you’re missing out.

Here’s a short intro to Mike’s mind-bending article written specially for Silver Screen Saucers by the man himself...

“This blog post had a life of its own. I started by simply comparing and contrasting 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY with PLANET OF THE APES, two movies I’ve always loved. It seemed like this would make for a tidy little essay. I mean, both movies are from 1968 and have astronauts and cool ape make-up, right? Well, as soon as I started writing, the floor dropped out from under me. I was suddenly seeing a flood of really strange synchronistic connections and it felt like the essay was writing itself. I am not exaggerating, it was as if some outside force was feeding me clue after clue.

What emerged was something entirely different to what I expected. I was struck by how this is very much a modern composition and how it needed to be on the web because of an almost frenetic use of imagery and hyperlinks.

After I posted it on my blog, I immediately experienced a weird set of synchronicities all intertwined with this essay. That confirmed that I had tapped into an elusive something. What that something might be, I have no idea...”

And with that, read on!

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Mike's blog is a mine of pure unobtanium :)

    PS: Re. synchronicities, somebody should do a movie about an alien consciousness living inside the web, and communicating through 'random' captchas —not you Michael Bay! I'm speaking to my boyz Josh Whedon & Christopher Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PPS: I just watched this, and the conclusion is clear:

    The Man doesn't want us to pay attention to our synchronicities!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RPJ's post above - at 1:11! (whatever that means?)
    -------------------
    Also - this was a fun and weird post. I just re-read my own into (above) and that's just how it played out - no exaggeration....

    Thanks Robbie!

    Mike C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how's this for a weird Synchronicity/Twilight Language:

    [From Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso]

    "Meanwhile, here is an interesting coincidence: The recent revelations by former CIA employee Chase Brandon about Roswell prompted a friend of mine to notice that the 1979 film Flying Saucers Are Real was narrated by a man named Brandon Chase."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Stan Friedman pointed this out recently. He mentions it in this interview: http://www.presidentialufo.com/ufo-disclosure/446-speigel-friedman-and-cameron-discuss-the-cia-roswell-story

      Delete
    2. Loren Coleman calls it Twilight Language.

      I call it Cosmic Lulz :P

      Delete
  5. Jake Kotze calls it Synchro-Mystisism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Mike. But both terms fail to convey the general WTF sense that provokes in the people who experience them ;)

      Delete